Childbirth Preparation Classes
November 8 @ 3:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 3:00 pm on Tuesday, repeating until March 21, 2023
Are you planning a birth at home, birthing center, or a hospital birth? Are you hoping for an unmedicated and/or low-intervention birth?
We offer childbirth preparation classes for pregnant parents, couples, or families.
These classes will cover:
- Health and wellness in the third trimester
- Signs and stages of labor
- Activities for early labor
- Role of your partner and support team
- Reasons for hospital transfer and procedures and protocols
- Natural pain coping techniques including positions, movement, acupressure, footwork, breathing, and visualizations
- Positions and techniques for pushing
- What to expect during the hours after birth and early breastfeeding establishment
For more information, please contact Victoria Henry at VHenry@mvnhc.org
The program is operated by a nursing specialist of the PICHC Program.